- You control you.
- We all have brains that are really good at holding cool and interesting things. Worry isn't cool or interesting so get out, mister.
- Trust the Lord cuz sorry, He's smarter than you.
- Sometimes forgiveness means setting yourself free. Getting an apology would just be a bonus.
- Trying new things is fun!
- Just because someone has a grumpy face doesn't mean he's a meanie.
- In fact, he could end up being one of the funniest, kindest people you know! Some people just look grumpy because the corners of their mouth naturally turn down. Or maybe he just didn't hear you when you said hello.
- Listening to other people makes for strong friendships. Plus, you get to hear all kinds of cool secrets.
- Love love lovelovelove. See? That word's not so scary.
- Life is too short to not drink milk in a wine glass.
- Technically, I knew that one already, but a little reminder never hurts.
- Money can't buy happiness.
- But some smart retail therapy can definitely put you on the right path.
- Make wherever you are the happiest place in the world.
- Be your own best friend. Don't be afraid to be alone and don't be afraid to like it.
- The atonement of Jesus Christ > Everything else
I hope you all know that I didn't make this list to talk about all of the things I mastered this year. In fact, reading over it made me a little sad at first because usually learning a lesson means you didn't do so well at it the first time. ...That's a lot of things I didn't do very well at up there^, people. But, I guess that must be where that last bullet point comes in. Thanks to our Savior Jesus Christ, it's ok that we don't do so well at it the first time. Because of His sacrifice for us, we get to try again any old time we're ready. He'd probably even shake a pair of pom poms around if you asked Him to. So bring on 2014. I've got my 'to do' list all ready to go. :)
If you wouldn't mind, just ask me really quick what I think about the past year, say, now-ish. I'll probably say something like, "Unlucky? 13 was a gold mine, you crazy."